Currently Accepting Guest Post Submissions
We’re always on the lookout for guest writers who can share insights, opinions, and content that are as well researched as they are well written. If you have tips, tricks, concepts, artwork, cool tools, cooler apps and insights you want to share with the web design, development and tech community, write for us. We’re also looking for inspirational, cool, share-worthy and viral materials to publish.
How to get published on MDOmarMakki.Org (A cheatsheet)
All submissions will need to go through an internal review, and here are some of the things that will help us determine which posts we will eventually publish.
What gets approved
If you want to write for us:
- Cite and link back to credible sources/resources that can substantiate your claims and ideas.
- Give relatable examples that help readers visualize the message you are trying to deliver to them.
- Know the target audience for your post and write with them in mind.
- Include images that complement the content of your post (only where possible)
Sounds easy, doesn’t it? But hold on to your keyboard, we have to reject a lot of posts because of a variety of reasons and to prevent yours from being part of that statistic, find out why.
What gets rejected
The submissions we had to say no to:
- Cover topics that are irrelevant to what we usually publish, e.g. loans, choosing a curtain, how to hire a lawyer, essay writing assignments, biographies, science fiction stories, a science journal, the first chapter of a novel etc. (We Publish This Type Guest Post But Pay High Amount)
- Are too short (blurb-length) or too long (novel-length) to be published.
- Are not written in English or are written in a form of English that the general population cannot seem to understand. Please ensure that you have proofread your post before submitting it.
- Contain elements that are against our publishing policy.
- Are found to be plagiarized, copied or spun from another source. We respect the work of writers who make their trade through writing and reserve the right to not publish a compromised post.
- Are explicitly written to market or sell a product, tool, service or app affiliated with the writer.
- Are not submissions at all. Please do not use the submissions link to inquire about how else to improve your chances of being published. We’ve already shared all our secrets with you. Be brave and just send it in.
We reserve the right and final decision to reject a submission if the post is found to have problems that make it unsuitable for publication.
The Type of Articles We Welcome
Our community loves to receive actionable inspiration for a better life and a better world.
You are welcome to submit articles in your area of expertise that relates to the overarching categories below. If your article cannot naturally fit in any of these categories, our website and community may not be the best platform and audience for your message.
- Just See Our Cetagoryes.
Please pick your own article topic. You are best placed to choose the topic based on your own unique passions, experiences, and area of professional expertise. We are unable to respond to email inquiries asking us to choose topics or to pre-qualify article ideas.
Remember to run a format check
- Do submit posts in plaintext, HTML or DOC (or equivalent forms) format.
- Ensure that the post is submitted with a full title.
- All images must be in JPG format.
- All images used must carry a credit line that links directly to their source page, not only the source website.
- Ensure that images used in your submission have their copyright sorted out or are free to use.
- Please ensure that image files are named in lowercase, and hyphenated (instead of underscored or with spaces) like this: tool-name.jpg.
- Zip all image files in a folder named IMAGES.
- The images should be in the highest possible resolution to ensure they do not appear blurry when published.
- Do supply us with your author’s bio, which will appear with your published post. An author’s picture is not necessary for guest posts.
Guest Writer Guidelines
Below are the “Do and Don’t” guidelines for guest writing for MDOmarMakki.Org. Please check these out before submitting an article.
Submit Original Posts: Posts must be unique and original to MDOmarMakki.Org . Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online or offline (including your personal blog) or be used in future for distribution on other sites (including your personal blog).
Bring Your Unique Voice & Passion: We share a wide range of topics and have a large body of material available to our community. You can add value to this existing collection by bringing your own unique voice and views, infused with your passion and personality. Please write from your heart, based on personal experience and/or professional expertise, and please write as if you’re talking to a friend. The more down-to-earth the better. People love to feel like they’re reading something written by a real person, with real experience in life, and genuine heart.
Choose a Great Title: People have so much selection available to them for what to read online. They choose quickly (within seconds) what articles to open, and your article title is what will help them decide. When choosing a title, think about the reader and what they’re looking to learn, discover, achieve, or the problem they want to solve, and then write your title to clearly speak to their need.
Use a Captivating Opening Statement: A reader will be captivated, or not, within the first few sentences of an article. Please ensure your opening paragraph is engaging, tells the reader exactly what they are about to experience and makes them want to read on as they know they are about to gain benefit.
Logical & Succinct: In the body of your article…
- Word Count – Please submit articles of at least 700+ words.
- Sub-Headings – Please split up your content with relevant subheadings to make it easier for readers to follow the logical flow of ideas.
- Short Paragraphs – So readers can easily digest your awesome article, please keep paragraphs short and succinct (2-3 sentences each).
At Least One Actionable Item: All articles should include either…
- One or more questions to prompt the reader to consider the topic in relation to their own situation and/or
- One or more actionable practical tips that the reader can easily start applying in their life.
Inspiring Quote/s: We highly recommend you include one or more inspirational quotes within your article that relate to the topic.
Videos Inside Your Article: You are welcome to insert a Youtube video into your article if it is directly relevant to the article topic and the content of that video is positive and appropriate. If you wish to include a video, please ensure you put brackets around the Youtube video URL in the exact place in your article that you wish it to appear.
Accurately Quote Sources: If your article references data, facts, statistics or research studies, please be sure to include a link to a verified and credible source. Put the link in brackets in the appropriate place in your article (please don’t hyperlink the text). Please do not include links to your own website inside the body of your article – your website link will instead be displayed in your Author bio below the article. (This is Paid Service Contact With [email protected])
Infographics: You are welcome to include an infographic in your article. If you wish to do so, please ensure you provide 2 URLs (both provided inside brackets in your article) – firstly a link to download the high resolution jpg infographic image and secondly a link to the source. If the infographic is published on our site, the creator will be credited via a link to the original source displayed directly below the image.
Check Before Submitting: Please do your own quality checks on your article before submitting to ensure it is a high standard of written English (proof reading, spelling, and grammar). Thank you!
We kindly request that you don’t…
Don’t send articles that have been, or will be, published elsewhere: We only accept original, unique content that has not previously been published. And if an article is accepted for publication on the MDOmarMakki.Org, that article must not later be republished / reproduced anywhere else without an express written agreement with the MDOmarMakki.Org.
Don’t send vague, surface level articles: Our mission is to provide high quality content to the world that has real substance based on personal experience and/or professional expertise. We are not about content for content sake, nor about linking to create traffic. We’re on a heart-led mission to give people worthwhile content to reflect on and/or apply, to genuinely add value for a better life and a better world.
Don’t send SEO-boosted or promotional articles: We can’t accept articles that are designed to boost SEO, to plug a brand name, or to promote yourself, or any product or service. Instead, provide an article with life-enhancing content for our community and let them naturally flow through to follow you and discover more about your work in the world based on genuine connection. Therefore, please keep self-promotion reserved for your bio.
Don’t send anything that isn’t aligned with our philosophy: Please don’t send articles or bio references that promote a business, service or product which is not authentically aligned to MDOmarMakki.Org’s mission and values.
Don’t send topic ideas: Instead please submit your complete article for review per the steps provided at the bottom of this page.
If Your Post is Accepted & Published
We agree to:
- Support your work and your mission in the world by sharing your article with our global community on social media.
- We may also share articles in an email to The Daily Positive community when we highlight the most popular posts.
You agree to:
- Share the article via email with your subscribers.
- Share the article on your social media channels.
- Reply to comments on your article on our site within the first week of it being posted live (this is because you are best placed to support readers with any questions, ideas or comments they have about the content of your article).
How to Submit Your Article
Please email your article, exactly per the below guide, to [email protected]
Send within the body of the email (not as attachments) in this order please…
- Title of your article
- Article text
- Your bio – 120 words or less
- Link for your website (Paid Only)
- Links for your social media profiles
PHOTO: Plus please attach to your email your bio photo (high resolution, square, minimum size 250 x 250 px, jpg format).
Important – Process & Terms
- Please submit only 10 posts at a time.
- We do read every submission that we receive. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your contributions to The Daily Positive.
- Due to the fact we are a very small team at MDOmarMakki.Org and we receive such a high volume of guest post submissions, please be aware that…
- If your article has been accepted we will respond to you within 14 days of receiving your article. We will also then let you know as soon as your article has gone live on the MDOmarMakki.Org site ready for sharing with your audience.
- If you have not heard back within 14 days, it means that on this occasion your article has not been accepted. The reasons for this may vary, and may be due to not meeting aspect/s of our guest post guidelines above, or potentially if we already have other articles on the exact same topic already posted on the site.
By submitting articles to MDOmarMakki.Org you acknowledge that:
- Submitting an article for consideration does not guarantee that it will be published. We assess articles based on fit with the above writing guidelines and also with regards to fit with our MDOmarMakki.Org website brand, mission and values.
- MDOmarMakki.Org does not pay for content contributed.
- You accept any form of editing the MDOmarMakki.Org team considers to be reasonable and necessary to maintain a high standard of quality with posts published on our Site.
- When an article is published on our site, it is then owned by MDOmarMakki.Org and you are not permitted to re-publish that content anywhere else, including on your own site, without prior approval from MDOmarMakki.Org.
We reserve the right to:
- Decline articles submitted, without providing reasons. (We are a very small team at MDOmarMakki.Org and receive a large volume of submissions. It is not possible for us to provide feedback on individual articles. We appreciate your understanding.)
- Adjust article titles where necessary, to help optimize reader engagement for your article.
- Make basic edits to articles (including but not limited to spelling, grammar, and paragraph/sentence structure for the purpose of improving readability).
Submit your post
Before you submit, know that due to the number of posts we receive, we may not be able to reply to every submission. It is safe to assume that if we do not reply to you within two weeks, your submission will not be published.
Now, are you ready to submit?