LiveCode : One code to rule them all [100% Off]
This course may only available for limited time. Please join our Facebook group to get course updates at right time! Join now
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
What Will I Learn?
- Learning the basics of the LiveCode programming environment
Download and install a free version of LiveCode
Learn how to create stacks
- Create a clone of the flappy bird game (all artwork files are provided)
- Learn how to deploy and test your apps on Mac OS, Windows, iOS, and Android
- A personal computer with Mac OS, Windows or Linux installed
- A Mac is needed if you want to create apps for iOS
Would you ever think that it would be possible to learn just one programming language? And to use it to create apps for every desktop operating system and all the leading mobile operating systems? Well, that language exists, and you’ll be surprised to find out that probably you can already understand it if you can speak English.
Welcome to LiveCode.
Actually, LiveCode is not just a programming language; it’s a complete environment that can be used to develop apps for Mac OS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android.
Its programming language differs from many of today’s programming languages because it’s been designed to be very similar to human language. You probably know most of its syntax since it’s almost identical to the English language: why invent and learn something new when we already have our own human and natural language?
This introductory course will explain how to download the free version (yes, it’s free, unless you want to compile and lock up your code !) and use it to create your first hello world stack.
After that, you will create your very own clone of the flappy bird game in less than the duration of a football match and deploy it on Mac, Windows and iOS systems.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who would like to approach programming for the first time
- Programmers with basic experience that want to learn a tool that is able to build apps for all of today’s leading platforms
- Experienced programmers who need a tool to increase their productivity