DevOps Fundamentals: Tools, Technologies, and Infrastructure
This course may only available for limited time. Please join our Facebook group to get course updates at right time! Join now
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
What Will I Learn?
- Describe the DevOps structure and methodology.
Describe the software development lifecycle within an organization and be able to recommend DevOps processes and tools.
Recognize the patterns and evolution of a traditional SDLC, and how DevOps grew out of it.
- Compare traditional configuration tasks with DevOps and recognize DevOps configuration tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Compare the traditional SDLC with DevOps and recognize how DevOps is used to solve software development problems.
- Describe how DevOps can be used to replace the traditional SDLC.
- Name the challenges created by the adoption of the DevOps methodology.
- List the major users of DevOps and describe reasons for its acceptance and adoption.
- Use DevOps to create backends for your applications.
- Configure application security through DevOps.
- Provision virtual servers through DevOps and recognize DevOps virtualization tools such as Vagrant.
- Compare traditional operations tasks with DevOps.
- Describe the DevOps workflow.
- Identify how DevOps is used when gathering software requirements.
- Recognize how DevOps changes the way software is developed.
- Distinguish between the DevOps stages of quality assurance and user acceptance.
- Perform application builds and deployments using the DevOps methodology.
- Define the steps for DevOps software releases and maintenance scheduling and recognize DevOps release tools such as Jenkins.
- Describe how HipChat is used to manage geographically separated teams.
- Specify how collaboration occurs with GitHub.
- Describe how JIRA is used to log and share software issues.
- Use Confluence for parallel team management.
- Use Bitbucket for code sharing and versioning.
- Describe how DevOps is used to manage cross-platform development issues.
- Basic knowledge of software and hardware including IT Networking fundamentals
- You should be able to use a PC at beginner level
Welcome to DevOps! DevOps is a software methodology where the operations and development staff participate together in the entire software lifecycle, from the design phase through the development and production phases. In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of the DevOps methodology, and the principles and processes of the DevOps workflow. You will also be introduced to various DevOps tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, GitHub, and HipChat and how they are used for processes such as collaboration and code sharing.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in learning about DevOps
- Beginner, Intermediate, or Expert level developers
- Traditional Project Managers and Consultants
- Network professionals, engineers, and network analysts
- Quality Assurance Testers
- IT Managers