Case Study Of SEO (7,501 organic sessions per Month to 311,814 organic sessions)
How we helped one of our clients to increase his website traffic from 269 organic daily sessions to 11,886!
We started working on this project on 23 July 2018 and at that time; the organic traffic of the website was 269 organic sessions per day.
And right now the organic traffic of the website is 11,886 organic sessions per day as of Apr 5, 2019.
How did we achieve it? Here’s the complete step by step process!
1) When we started working on this project, it was well designed but wasn’t SEO optimized properly! So the first thing we did was keyword research to optimize the site!
2) The keywords we found were pretty tough to rank, it could take 6 to 9 months minimum to rank those keywords.
So to get quick results we researched for the keywords with low to the medium difficulty level and optimized the content for it, which drove the quick traffic at the start and it got ranked easily (without even doing off page SEO)!
3) Here’s how we optimized it! We used focus keywords AKA competitive keywords in the meta tags (Title, Meta Description and Meta Keywords) and rest of the website we optimized for mix keywords, the competitive ones, and the low competitive ones!!
AND WE DOUBLED THE ORGANIC TRAFFIC JUST BY OPTIMIZING THE ONPAGE SEO!!
5) After Building links, we did second tier linking too from high authority sites, to increase the authority of the links!!
For those, who don’t know what second tier link is, let me clear it. It is building the link or links on the webpages, which are directly linking to your website! For example, this is your website: abc.com and a second website abc2.com links to your site. Tier linking would be building links on abc2.com instead of your money site!!
6) We kept building links on a daily basis, and the website kept growing! but at a point, we got stuck in terms of traffic improvement. It wasn’t improving, which led us to the next point!
7) After analyzing most of the competitors we got to know that no one is strong in the onpage SEO, everybody is busy in building links! It’s actually a downloading niche so there wasn’t much to do with onpage! So we started a blog on the website! Published some articles on long tail keywords with good search volume and low competition and it increased our traffic!
8) With a blog on the site, we increased our search traffic but the main problem was still there, ranking of the homepage! By that time we were ranking on the 2nd to the 3rd page for most of the keywords but the real competition was still right ahead of us! So we added the content on the homepage too by adding the blog section on the homepage! That changed the game!!
9) Here’s how we added content on the homepage:
Upon clicking on the read more button, it opens the content in a popup instead of redirecting to the blog post! So according to the Search Engine, the content is on the homepage!! And none of our other competitors are having that much content on the homepage, which makes us the most competitive ones in terms of Onpage SEO!!
And by implementing this strategy, our search traffic jumped to almost 4,000-5,000 organic traffic per day!! and we made it to the top 5 positions for our focus keywords!!
10) Now we made it to the Top 5 positions but getting on the top was difficult and we were aiming for the featured snippets! so we added Questions and Answers on the homepage according to the snippet guide while hoping that we’d make into the featured snippet!
The questions were a mix of Long and Short tail keywords! And almost immediately we got into the featured snippet as well for a very competitive keyword in more than 15 countries! Besides, we also get ranked for long tail keywords.
11) After getting into the featured snippet our goal was to make it to the 1st position as well! for that, we focused on the User Experience!
We should’ve started working on the User Experience before anything else, as we were already late in the UX game! B’coz user experience is the number one ranking factor! Sometimes ago, it was backlinks strategy but now backlinks aren’t as biggest ranking factor as User Experience!!
To improve the user experience we had to analyze the users’ activities! And for that, we used a tool to record user activity! we were shocked to see how much there was to improve! users were facing too many complications and boo-boo while using our tool. So we fixed all those issues step by step and by just doing so, we made it to the first position for one of our focus keywords and it is a very competitive one!
We started from keywords research, optimized the content and did link building with the second tier! And after that, we analyzed the weak points of our competitors to beat them with the help of our OnPage strategies! If the competitors would’ve strong in ONPAGE SEO then we would’ve targeted on OFFPAGE SEO along with ONPAGE!
Along with other SEO stuff, we also worked on the User Experience, which is the most important thing! if you’re ranking on the top 5 or even on top 10 positions, put most of your focus on (User experience) as well as each aspect of SEO, because it has the potential to rank your website quickly!